Search This Blog

Friday, October 14, 2011

Are They Really Making Me Sleep in There!

This poem was written for my first son on his first night in his own room.  Turtle is his nickname.  I hope to one day turn this in to a children’s book.

I grab my teddy bear with my lip in a pout
Because my Mommy and Daddy said it’s time to move out.
They said it’s time to sleep where big boys do
Cradled in my crib, all shiny and new.

I will show Mommy and Daddy and stay up late!
Sleep for me will just have to wait!
I will play and laugh and through a fit!
I am not going to sleep, sleep not one bit!

Oh but this bed is so soft.
Oh no I feel my eyes slowly drifting off.
Mommy tricked me and played my music low
And turned out the lights and left the night light to glow.

Mommy fed me a bottle and filled my tummy up just right
Then she wrapped me in a blanket so warm and so tight.
She kissed my head and whispered in my ear,
SWEET DREAMS MY TURTLE, GOODNIGHT MY DEAR!

1 comment:

  1. I do not like Green Eggs and Ham
    Yet Sleeping Alone?
    It appears that I am

    ReplyDelete